I am head of planning at Whitehead Monckton and joined the firm as a partner in 2012. I trained in London and subsequently have been an associate and partner at two prominent Kent law firms. I was admitted in 1988 and advise on all aspects of planning law. I now head up the Property Developers & investors team and am part of the Rural Business team. I became an Associate Director when the firm incorporated to a Limited Company in April 2014.
I am delighted to offer my expertise and advice to Docklands Solicitors’ clients following our merger with them in October 2016.
Listed as a leading individual for Planning in Chambers for 2016 (Sources praise her "detailed knowledge and experience,"adding: "She comes up with good ideas to achieve our goals.")
I have expertise in:
- Advising developers and Local Authorities on complex S106 agreements
- S278 and S185 agreements
- Advising on the likely impact of Community Infrastructure Levy "CIL" and completing negotiations with the Council quickly to avoid the higher charges for Developers under "CIL"
- Site assembly and resolving title issues for Planning Applications
- Assisting with promoting sites for development in Local Development Frameworks
- Project managing teams of professionals through the Planning Application process
- Call in enquiries
- Deeds of Variation, particularly to make a permissioned scheme financially viable in the changed economic climate
- Lawful Use Certificates
- Enforcement Actions
- Rural Planning issues
- Agricultural Occupancy Conditions
- Listed Building and Conservation Area consents from both the landowner and Council perspectives.
- Contentious aspects of planning law, including compulsory purchase orders.
- General planning advice
What my clients say:
"Vicky Stoodley is a lawyer who looks for solutions rather than problems. She is someone that drives matters forward; which in a complex and ever changing world is invaluable. Her advice is always clear and Vicky helps to keep a complex and confusing planning environment as simple as possible; whilst dealing with matters in an efficient, effective and timely manner." John Collins, dha planning
Listed as a leading individual for Planning in Legal 500 (“ Vicky Stoodley has developed a strong planning capability at Whitehead Monckton , advising clients on the full range of issues.”)
When out of the office:
I have lived in Kent for most of my life and have three sons. In my spare time, I ride my horse and am both a coach and official at Tonbridge Athletic Club.
I am a Trustee and Company Secretary for the Heart of Kent Hospice.